At Farm Credit Midsouth, we are proud to promote higher education in our local communities. Annually, our program offers $14,000 in scholarships to be applied toward education costs, such as tuition, fees, housing, books, etc. What better way to invest in our rural areas than to lend a helping hand to local college students?
- Must be sponsored by a Farm Credit Midsouth customer.
- Must be a current college student and/or graduating high school senior.
- Must be a high school senior or enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or equivalent) at an accredited university, college, community college or technical school.
- Any major is eligible to apply.
- Each $1,000 one-semester scholarship will be awarded and paid directly to the student.
- Each scholarship recipient will receive $1,000 from Farm Credit Midsouth to apply towards education costs.
- Proof of enrollment must be submitted for the spring or fall semester, after which Farm Credit will issue a check in the awardee’s name.
- Applicant cannot be sponsored by a Farm Credit Midsouth board member.
Scholarship recipients will be based on:
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial need (if stated)
- Field of Study
- Fill out and print the online application and have it signed by a Farm Credit Midsouth customer.
- Submit a certified transcript from applicant's high school or continuing education institution (college/technical school).
- Submit letter of recommendation.
Completed applications must be submitted by March 8, 2019 to Melissa Coles at the following address:
Farm Credit Midsouth
ATTN: Melissa Coles
3000 Prosperity Drive
Jonesboro, AR 72404